<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d8572551202021246023\x26blogName\x3dsaint+2.0\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://saint2.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://saint2.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d6556408655862622455', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>


Give Me One Reason
Tracy Chapman & Eric Clapton



Saint 2.0






Friday, October 31, 2008
Heroes Season 3 Screening Party | 11:50 PM

I made a difficult decision.

I chose not to watch it online before its official release in Singapore.  How my nose did not bleed, my face did not turn blue in exasperation or that I did not suffer sleepless nights knowing fully well that the season has begun its run in the States and thus is available for view online, baffles me.  I guess the endless errands around the new pad and work kept me really distracted.   

The way I see it, I guess this invite to the Heroes 3 Launch Party was kind of a reward for my patience. 

Anyway, the event was held at Golden Village, Vivocity. 
 
Each patron was given a goodie bag containing some real cool stuff (you'll find out what's in them in awhile). 

The party area consists of 2 sections.  At the left section, there are displays touting "Heroes" facts in fonts so tiny that you have to get up close and personal to them in order to decipher the text.   Fortunately, you have helpful dolled up Claire lookalike "cheerleaders" who do not hesitate to come up to you to talk you through the event.  The other half is where the food is located.  I was too hungry to wait for the party to begin so I took my diner at the food court instead.   Just before the screening began, there was so much food leftover, save for the finger food, I gather that everyone had their fill on their own before they arrived. 

Throughout the party, there is the very lovely emcee, Vivien something from VH1 or some cable channel hosting the Mimic Hiro's "Yataaa!" contest.  Although the crowd was lukewarm in showing their support to the brave participants, she was bubbly and enthusiastic throughout.  Her comments were totally positive even at most ludricrous comments. I thought she was really professional in what she was doing.  At one point, she had to hoist up the top of her dress in full view of the public - which I thought was more hilarious than slightly embarrassing.   But I like her.  

In addition, this weekend, being the Halloween celebrations, a second contest was also held to select the Scariest Villain.  There are makeup artists where guests (whether they are participating in the contest) can approach for a temporary tattoo or a villain makeover.  The crowd support dwindled from lukewarm to almost pathetic.  Despite it all, Vivien was on her toes and high heels all the way.  By the way, the participants all get a limited edition of the Heroes comic while the overall winners get an iPod each.  I would have participated in both contests if I was not feeling so tired and I was with some crazy company.   

The movie screening was an all out StarWorld publicity event.  A galore of advertisements, sprinkled with statistics that reek with self accolades, bombarded the patrons before Heroes 3 came on.  Well, watching 2 episodes of season 3 on the huge screen more than made up for what we were subjected to prior the screening.  

I was not totally blown away by the plot.  I guess the wait and the overhyped publicity had raised the bar of expectation so high that I wanted more.  Nonetheless, I like where Tim Kring is going with the characters of Heroes.  This season appears to be a lot darker than the previous two, promising more action, twists and suspense.  Would I continue to follow the series on telly?  Totally! 
  
I took the train back to my new pad, having no excuse to drive as I live just a three minutes' walk to the MRT station.  No, Hiro did not appear in the cabin to relay some bleak doomsday message regarding the future.  The is my third ride on the MRT after a very long time and to be honest, I rather like the freedom of not having to endure reckless drivers, red lights and heavy traffic.  I am also doing my part by cutting down my carbon footprint!   

I think I'll do the reveal of the contents in the Heroes goodie bag another time.  :)

Labels:

3 comments


read previous babble





Disclaimer

The views and opinions expressed on this blog do not reflect that of the organisations which appear on the entries.

contact


stanleyah@hotmail.com


Tuition Resources
Saint Tutor - My Job
Past Students' Results
3rd Buzz
Mind Your Language
Deep & Dangerous
The Vault

Links
Blogspot
Longman Dictionary
Saint 2.0 Flickr
The Saint Chronicles

Blogs I Trawl
aethen
angelia
bearbeartheFearsomeRottie
dong ho
freedom rider
eastcoastlife
fond of snape
kennysia
ieatishootipost
freedom rider
miyagi
mrbrown
nat ho


Blogs Of Minors or Minded
Jonathan Hooper 2005
Jonathan Tee 2005
Kenneth Ong 2005
Junliang 2006
Kevin Neo 2006
Calvin Phua 2007
Lee Peng 2007
Marcus Sia 2007
Rico Ong 2007
Ronald Liong 2008
Zexun 2008
Zul 2008
Brannigan Ong 2009
Zong Zhen 2009

Blogs Of Teen Cages
4S1 2006
4SA 2008
4SB 2008
3SA 2009
The St. Andrew's Village SAS
SAS Alumni
SAS NCC

Archives
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009

Chill

Use of chatbox :
respect others and take responsibility for your post.

Get your free tag-board at cbox

Credits

Design : laboriously adapted by the Saint2.0 Works? from the above Xs.










Human Clock



Comments



Trivia


hits